The leadership of St. James’ Episcopal Church invites all of our members to attend the 2021 Annual Meeting, to be held on Sunday, May 16th on the St. James’ grounds. Socially-distanced fellowship will begin around 12:30pm, with the formal meeting commencing at 1pm.
In light of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, the holding of the meeting has been delayed from its traditional timing in the winter in order for us to be both safe and inclusive. We will be observing the following precautions in order to reduce risk as much as possible:
- The meeting will be held outdoors on the church grounds. We encourage members to bring their own seating, such as camp chairs, but folding chairs from Bartholomew Hall will be available if needed. (In the event of inclement weather, the meeting will occur on the rain date of Sunday, May 23rd.)
- Social distancing of 6 feet between members not of the same household will be observed.
- Attendees will be required to wear a mask. All attendees will have their temperatures taken.
- Members who have either been in recent contact with an individual known to have COVID-19, or those who are exhibiting symptoms associated with COVID-19, are asked not to attend.
- We will not provide communal refreshments, though members may bring their own if desired. Members attending the 11am in-person worship are encouraged to bring a “bag lunch” to enjoy on site, picnic-style, prior to the meeting.
- The St. James’ Preschool playground will be available for use by families with young children, though children are expected to also comply with safety measures such as masking.
We all know too well that 2020 was a transformational year for the world, and so it has been for our church as well. This may be one of the most important annual meetings in the 178 year history of St. James’, and we are asking all of our members to please strongly consider attending.
- May the peace and love of God be with you,
- Fr. John Symonds and the St. James’ Vestry