Donations received only during the Shop’s normal hours of operation. Cash transactions only.
Tuesday and Wednesday: 1:30-4:00
Saturday: 10 am-2 pm.
The St. James’ Thrift Shop is the largest and most significant community outreach of the church that bears its name, as individuals from Downingtown, Exton, Coatesville, West Chester, and beyond come to seek needed items.
Volunteer support is needed to:
- sort and display donated items
- transport items to various storage areas
- periodically pick -up items for donation
- keep the Shop tidy and organized
- supply excess storage space/warehousing for larger and seasonal items
- be a presence at area mission fairs where the St. James’ Thrift Shop’s booth increases community awareness
All proceeds generated by sale of items at the St. James’ Thrift Shop support the ministry and mission of St. James’ Episcopal Church. When items given exceed the needs of the Shop, they are donated to other community support groups or ministries. For example, used eyeglasses to The Lions Club, books to the Chester County Library system, and clothing items to the Mennonite Central Committee, with which the St. James’ Thrift Shop has been partnering for years.